Iran Rejects US Ceasefire Timeline as Oil Falls
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei said Monday that Tehran has no active negotiations with Washington, even as global oil prices posted their steepest one-day decline since early April. Brent futures, the global benchmark, closed at $85.87 a barrel, down 11.3 percent, while US crude fell about 7 percent to $82.61, according to CNN, after President Donald Trump paused a strike campaign that had run nearly two weeks. Baghaei drew a sharp line around the one channel that remains open, calling talks with Oman on Strait of Hormuz shipping "useful negotiations regarding the management of shipping traffic" that are "unrelated to the United States."Behind that distinction sits a concrete proposal. A compromise now being negotiated centers on Iran running vessel transit through the Strait of Hormuz with fewer restrictions on ships, as both countries look to revive the interim ceasefire deal that broke down after Iran fired on tankers transiting…
Houthis Expand Attacks to Saudi Oil Corridor
Yemen's Houthis said they launched drones on July 27 at crude oil supply and transportation sites linking eastern Saudi Arabia with Yanbu, extending their campaign beyond port facilities and shipping lanes toward infrastructure feeding the kingdom's East-West oil corridor.Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said the operation targeted several "sensitive" points used to supply and transport crude toward the Red Sea city, framing it as retaliation for alleged Saudi drone incursions into Yemeni airspace. Saudi authorities had not confirmed damage from the claimed operation, which could not be independently verified.The target set matters because Yanbu sits at the western end of Saudi Arabia's 1,201-kilometer East-West Pipeline, or Petroline. The system carries crude from the oil-producing Eastern Province to the Red Sea, giving Saudi Arabia an alternative to exports through the Strait of Hormuz at a time when regional conflict has severely disrupted traffic through the chokepoint.The Houthis have already demonstrated an…
Shortage of Missiles Paused US Iran Strikes
President Trump's decision to shelve a planned two-week intensification of strikes on Iran followed a private warning from his own top general. General Dan Caine, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, cautioned Trump, in an account officials gave to the Wall Street Journal, that continued high-tempo strikes would deepen an already severe depletion of interceptor stock, with the war having consumed over 1,500 Patriot interceptors against a US production line that replaces only a few hundred a year, a burn rate no surge in spending can quickly reverse.CENTCOM's Adm. Brad Cooper offered a narrower, separate rationale, not a rebuttal of Caine's warning. Cooper told the Pentagon, in a briefing detailed by Axios, that roughly 80 percent of designated targets around the Strait of Hormuz had already been struck, leaving continued bombing pointless absent a decision to escalate to full-scale combat operations and hit the remaining fifth.The dispute has since…
Sudan’s Potential LPG Deal Exposes Red Sea Contest
Türkiye’s proposed liquefied petroleum gas terminal at Suakin is not an LNG breakthrough. But it does expose the widening competition for access to Sudan’s Red Sea coast, and the leverage that control of the shoreline gives the Sudan Armed Forces (SAF).Port Deals as Wartime LeverageSudan’s Sea Ports Corporation signed a memorandum with Turkish energy company Argaz on July 15. The terminal would store 28,000 cubic metres of LPG, serve three vessels simultaneously and operate under a build-operate-transfer arrangement. Officials claim it could save Sudan $200 million annually in foreign-currency costs.Those figures remain projections. No cost, financing package, concession length or schedule has been published. Sudanese former energy minister Adel Ibrahim told Radio Dabanga on July 22 that the authorities had disclosed neither competitive bidding nor the feasibility, site-selection and financing work required. More seriously, he said the SAF chief Abdel Fattah al-Burhan previously refused to end the army’s monopoly over…
Britain Gives Ukraine Its Stone Cloak Technology
Britain will hand Ukraine the intellectual property behind its Stone Cloak electronic-warfare system, moving their defense partnership beyond supplying weapons toward sharing the technology needed to produce them at scale.Prime Minister Andy Burnham is set to announce the transfer during President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's visit to a British naval base on July 27, according to Downing Street. The tablet-sized device, already supplied to Ukraine by the thousands, is fitted to drones to hinder Russian air-defense systems from tracking and targeting them in flight.The transfer means Ukraine will be able to mass-produce Stone Cloak itself rather than depend entirely on British deliveries. Officials have not publicly disclosed its detailed operational specifications or identified the Ukrainian manufacturers and production volumes involved.The technology is also moving back toward Britain. ITV News reported that Stone Cloak, described by Burnham as British technology “proven on the frontline,” is expected to be incorporated into the UK's next…
Israel Approves International Force’s Entry Into Gaza
Israel's security cabinet voted Sunday to grant the International Stabilization Force immunity under Israeli law, a legal enablement rather than an order to deploy, a day before Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu departs for Washington to meet President Donald Trump on Tuesday, according to Reuters. Nickolay Mladenov, the Board of Peace's envoy for Gaza, called the vote critical to stabilizing the territory and enabling a transition to Palestinian administration under the NCAG.The vote does not authorize immediate deployment. Any entry of International Stabilization Force personnel will still require the specific approval of the prime minister, the defense minister, and the foreign minister, and Israel will continue holding the Yellow Line perimeter with no further withdrawal until Hamas is fully disarmed, according to The Times of Israel, which reported that National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir voted against the measure while Foreign Minister Gideon Sa'ar voted in favor.Participation is also restricted from…

