Iran Warns Ukraine After Caspian Strike
Iran's Foreign Ministry warned Ukraine of unspecified consequences after accusing Kyiv of attacking an Iranian commercial vessel in the Caspian Sea on July 25, killing one sailor and injuring another, according to Reuters and the ministry's statement, carried in full by Tasnim.The ministry called the attack a violation of Article 2(4) of the UN Charter and an "act of aggression" that could further inflame and spread the war. Iran said it would defend its national interests under the principle of legitimate self-defence, adding that responsibility for the consequences "will rest with that regime and its supporters and instigators."The statement was deliberately broad but stopped short of threatening a ballistic-missile strike or announcing retaliation.Ukraine has not publicly identified the Iranian vessel. President Volodymyr Zelensky said earlier that Ukrainian forces struck a Russian warship and vessels transporting Iran-linked military cargo in the Caspian. Tehran treated that statement as an explicit acknowledgment. The…
Russian Ally Urges Putin to Freeze War
Kazakhstan's President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, leader of a country formally allied with Russia through the Collective Security Treaty Organization, publicly urged Vladimir Putin on July 25 to freeze the war in Ukraine.The significance lay not simply in another ceasefire proposal, but in its delivery from inside Moscow's own security bloc – and directly beside Putin during a televised meeting in Omsk.Tokayev said the war's "nature" remained difficult to understand. Unlike the historically rooted dispute between Armenia and Azerbaijan, he said, Russia's conflict with Ukraine was "very difficult" to explain. He proposed returning to an "Istanbul Formula 2.0" followed by guarantees from major powers.The appeal was not the first from a non-Western leader – India, Turkey, China have advocated negotiations or ceasefires. But it was Tokayev's bluntest public intervention, and a rare challenge from a current Russian treaty ally.Economic pressure provides context. The Caspian Pipeline Consortium carries roughly 80% of Kazakhstan's oil…
US Pauses Iran Strikes After Two-Week Bombing
US Central Command reported no new strikes on Iran as of Saturday morning. The National noted the halt followed 13 consecutive nights of announced attacks on Iranian military targets. The campaign had run without a break since a prior ceasefire collapsed earlier in the month.Trump framed the pause as tied to progress at the negotiating table rather than a stand-down. According to CNN, he told reporters that the US and Iran remain in talks and that he believes Tehran is "getting more serious," adding that he met with top advisers and Cabinet officials Friday to weigh further escalation if talks fail. No timeline was given for when strikes might resume.Fighting continued on fronts beyond Iran itself even as the nightly bombing stopped. Per Britannica, drones targeted a northern Iraqi city hosting US forces, Saudi Arabia struck Yemen's Iran-backed Houthi rebels after the group attacked a Saudi vessel in the Red…
Houthis Claim Aramco Strike as Satellite Data Show Fires
Yemen's Houthi movement said it struck a Saudi Aramco oil facility in Jizan overnight with missiles and drones, claiming the attack sparked fires at the site. Satellite fire-detection data later showed multiple thermal hotspots within the industrial complex, although Saudi authorities and Aramco had not confirmed the extent of any damage. Saudi authorities had not publicly confirmed that the Aramco facility was struck at the time of publication, and Aramco had not commented. NASA's FIRMS/VIIRS satellite monitoring system detected fire activity at the Jizan site, according to reporting by the Türkiye Today, which cited the imagery alongside social-media video showing plumes of black smoke over the complex. The satellite detections confirm that fires were present within the industrial complex. They do not establish what caused them or whether they resulted from the attack claimed by the Houthis. Türkiye Today also reported that Saudi Civil Defense briefly issued public safety warnings…
Russian Missile Kills 10 at Ukraine Defense Expo
A Russian ballistic missile struck a defense-industry gathering in Ukraine's Bucha district on Friday, killing 10 people and injuring nearly 100 in one of the deadliest attacks this year on the country's rapidly expanding defense sector. The strike has also revived debate over how Ukraine can protect a decentralized wartime defense industry whose public events increasingly present attractive targets for Russian long-range weapons.The missile hit a private training ground where a defense exhibition was underway, according to attendees, industry representatives and Ukrainian officials. The Irish Times reported that executives from Ukrainian defense companies were among those present. An event advertised online by Armada, an association of unmanned-systems manufacturers, promoted a "Defense Demo Day & Defense Expo" near Kyiv on the day of the attack. The Ukrainian Council of Arms Manufacturers later confirmed that industry representatives had been at the site and urged attendees not to publish photographs, videos or other…
Ukraine Strikes Wildberries Warehouses for Third Time
Ukrainian forces struck the sanctioned Avitek defense plant in Kirov with an FP-5 Flamingo cruise missile early Friday, killing six workers and injuring 26, according to Kyiv Independent. The facility, part of the Almaz-Antey conglomerate, produces surface-to-air missile components and parts for Kh-101 cruise missiles, and is sanctioned by the US, EU, UK, Canada, Switzerland, and New Zealand.President Volodymyr Zelensky confirmed the strike, calling it "an absolutely just response" against a plant supplying "the occupier's aviation and missile equipment," according to Ukrainska Pravda.In parallel, Ukrainian drones struck Wildberries logistics hubs in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region. They annexed Crimea overnight — the sixth such attack on the retailer this month as of July 24, according to Meduza. Analyst Sergei Semko of Data Insight estimated losses from a single earlier round of strikes on Krasnodar and Stavropol warehouses at 150–230 billion rubles ($1.9–3 billion), according to Kyiv Post.Zelensky has said…

